Wednesday, September 21, 2011

M, The Mighty Quinn


Last night I had the chance to listen to my long time friend, Mike, play a solo show. He's been creating music for longer than I've known him. I've liked it all but he's come a long way since the first band I heard him in, The Kids. That evolved into Non Stop 3. Later came Confident Years but with "real" jobs that project has subsided and Mike is now focusing on M, The Mighty Quinn. He plays everything and records it all in his basement.

The best story I think he has turned into song is, #2. He's now a divorced father of 2. He wrote this song after his wife packed up her stuff and left. Left Mike, his kids, but not the towel bars. Bitch took those too. Dinner that night was served to the kinds sitting on the floor, because she decided the kitchen table was hers too. I'll shut up so you can listen.

2 comments: