Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Heart of America Marathon 2011

What a day. The weather was perfect, I was awesome. Linked up with Dana around the 1 mile mark. I almost was hit by a car. It was completely my fault. Generally it isn't advisable to run out into a street when you have a red light and cars are coming and it is still dark out. Turns out this was Dana's first marathon. We chatted about running to help the time pass. It's amazing how fast the miles go by when you have someone to talk to. Eventually my guts caught up to me and I had to stop for some relief. After 6 minutes in the best port-a-potty ever I hit the trail again. Caught back up to Dana, got him to mile 22 and he told me to go on. Finished with a new PR. I recommend armature marathoners walk any major hills. Big thank you goes to Stephen for his nutrition advice, Dana for putting up and talking to a stranger, Danny for always being positive and feeding me, and Jess for being there to cheer for me like she said she would.
Can all training runs be like this?

2 comments:

  1. who's this jess girl? should we be excited about her?
    also, YOU CAN TALK WHILE YOU RUN?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to get excited, she's a friend. and I obviously need help turning on the "notify me when someone comments" function.
    Of course I can talk when I run. is that not normal?

    ReplyDelete