Wednesday, March 5, 2008

2MORO is a Big Day

The SKD kit may be coming! I say may because when it comes to Apple the consumer doesn't REALLY know anything until Steve Jobs tells us. My gut tells me that we actually will see the SKD and we will see a few native applications from some major vendors.
The interesting part is going to see who has control over the applications. Will they go through Apple and be purchased on iTunes or will distribution be left up to the developer? People are thinking and hearing different things on this. I personally think we will see "Apple Approved" software going through iTunes and having a cost as well as unapproved freeware/shareware that is available somewhere in the ether.
There are lots and lots of programs being pined for by iPhone users. As you all know I am not a current iPhone user and I don't have a list of programs. I would like to see a checkbook register program. I don't want it linked to my account but just something that I can tap on and enter "-7.34" and it would update the total correctly. Above all else it has to look cool.
If you have read my other posts you'll see I believe the 3G iPhone will hit between June and September with higher likelihood towards June. It seems I'm not the only one. MacRumors had this to say. Basically a rumor that we'll see 3G mid-year. This one a few days later is a bit more interesting. "After meeting with Taiwanese electronics companies Citigroup’s Richard Gardner claims that his sources have confirmed that the 3G iPhone will be released in 2nd Quarter calendar year. If correct, this would pinpoint the release between April-June 2008. " See told you it was more interesting.
What this all means to us you ask? 2moro is going to be fun, Apple events always are. We will know what is going on with the SKD. The day where a very large number of people want to jailbreak their phones will be replaced by the day where a smaller number of people want to jailbreak their phones. We will see some amazing programs for the iPhone that allow users to do almost anything. Soon developers will be clamoring for a faster processor to do all these neat tricks. I'm guessing Apple knows this so we'll see the 3G version soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment