Thursday, June 21, 2012

DePauw 2012

East College

Two weekends ago I traveled back to DePauw University in Greencastle, IN for my 10th reunion. It was quite enjoyable reliving some past experiences and seeing how much things have changed. For one, sticker price tuition has doubled in 10 years. So if I had kids right now and want to send them to DPU, I need to save more than the value of my house.

Meharry Hall
I wondered around to some spots. East College is the main building. We had many special events held in Meharry Hall. It is less Methodist Church and more auditorium these days. It still creaks the same way but they put in some new carpet! I don't think I remember the organ.
Meharry Hall from the back
First classroom in college, College Writing
Roy O. West Library received a face lift
GCB and Ranch Fries
Of course no trip to Greencastle would be complete without a stop at Marvin's. Marvin's is the home of the Garlic Cheese Burger, GCB. It is a creation that was divinely inspired. What you see in the picture is actually a half GCB. A whole is 2 1/4 patties because we all know college students need something to help pack on the freshman 15. Just imagine the best thing ever and multiply by infinity, that is the GCB.
Fraturday on the lawn of my beloved Sigma Chi
All day Saturday we brought back Fraturday and drank and told lots of stories at the house. Two RVs showed up. Lots of Sigma Chi, Pi Phi, Kappa, and Alpha Phi love to go around. We even let some Phi Psis join the fun.
Crazy dancing by young and old alike. Jessica has skillz.
Eventually, we moved the party to the big tent for the band and silly dancing. There was some lawn mower, shopping cart, stove, and more sweet dance moves on display.
List of those "officially" in attendance from class of 2002
Great times had by all. I should go back every year. If you have kids, send them to DePauw, you won't regret it, and they'll have a fantastic time they'll enjoy forever. (They'll also party their ass off)

1 comment:

  1. mmm garlic burger!

    but the burning question I have is - did you meet your fitness goal for this reunion? were you the hottest one there?!

    ReplyDelete